Monday, August 11, 2014

Feeling Small


The other evening, when I arrived home from work after a long day and even longer commute, I was greeted by the most amazing cloud.  It appeared as if it was growing out of the ground, sprouting up through a forest of trees, and piercing it's way into the blue sky.

It was incredibly beautiful.

It brought me back to the realization that here, on this earth, we are small in comparison to the creation that surrounds us.  This cloud was massive and overwhelmed me with the feeling of minuteness.  In the grand expanses of this world, we are one small part - in size. But in intellect, compassion, and humanity, we are huge.

Let's not forget where we began, where we are, and where we plan to go.

That was reflective and deep.  It won't happen often.

Because I'm really a crazy loon.

No comments:

Post a Comment